Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism may be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical training information. Each problem provides coverage that is up-to-date of developments that enhance our knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. Regular top features of special interest include original reports of essential improvements in patient-oriented endocrine and metabolic research, personal views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, clinical practice directions, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and suggestions
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communication
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
The next types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, are going to be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are original, investigative, medical studies centered on formerly data that are unpublished. There are not any top or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables needs to be original.
- Situation Reports (not any longer available for submission after September 1, 2019) are information of an incident providing you with insights right into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or administration. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or fewer, without any a lot more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All numbers and tables must certanly be original.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth addressing to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates about the molecular and basis that is biochemical normal physiology and infection states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic problems; as well as other subjects strongly related the practice of medical endocrinology. Unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, writers includes a prospectus with a short narrative for the mini-review’s purpose and range, an overview explaining its articles, and also the CVs of most writers included. These manuscripts can are normally taken for 2,000 terms to at the most 5,000 terms. Writers includes a section that is brief the search methods used to get information for the mini-review. In the event that writers go for formerly posted numbers or tables, they have to proceed with the directions beneath the Publication Fees part.
- Meta-analyses should concentrate on particular efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The manuscript that is submitted be produced by an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by an exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions for this kind must consist of an overview and a statement that is narrative. There aren’t any limitations on term count, amount of numbers, or quantity of recommendations. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles because of the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or an Associate Editor and certainly will typically deal with a policy that is timely of high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and now have no more than eight recommendations.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief which will examine ideas and findings recently introduced in to the record that is scientific have actually exemplary interest. They truly are typically as much as 1,000 terms in total, must have a maximum of eight sources, while having no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite work that is unpublished information.
- Views provide a new standpoint on policies and generally speaking accepted axioms and methods in endocrinology that warrant closer examination centered on extremely current newly posted data. They need to cite literature that is relevant are generally no further than 2,400 terms and also a maximum of 25 sources. Views must not cite unpublished work or data, and any numbers should provide just overall generalizations, perhaps maybe maybe not brand new information. Numbers needs to be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters to your Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and start to become submitted within 2 yrs for the article’s last publication. Letters must be a maximum of 500 terms in length, do not have more than eight sources, and should never cite work that is unpublished information. Letters will undoubtedly be posted in the discernment for the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with the format should be followed by the letter of “Letter to your Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. Should your title maybe maybe perhaps not follow this structure, it shall be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters towards the Editor reactions response to a Letter to Editor at no greater size compared to initial page. Writers whose work is talked about in A page to your Editor will typically be invited to offer an answer. If accepted, writers will discover page proofs before book. Just changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter towards the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name perhaps not follow this structure, it shall be standardised by the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a listing of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and should be modifiable as a result to criticisms. They truly are typically only 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables must certanly be original.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice instructions are manufactured by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded practice that is clinical. These are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society to produce analytical analyses to support its Clinical Practice tips.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society because of its Clinical Practice instructions. These reviews address a precise medical question by gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives for the community’s Clinical Practice recommendations that health supplement or touch upon developments within the illness area considering that the right time of publication of a Guideline.
- Policy views depend on founded community policy jobs and manufactured by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the membership.
- Research Guides are produced by a specialist composing group with input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed by way of a writing team beneath the way of an Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and determining gaps into the systematic literary works. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Consensus Statements offer a comprehensive assessment by a specialist panel of a clinical or medical problem which could add ungraded guidelines. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other society that is professional teams, task forces, along with other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are susceptible to outside peer review as instructed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated by the Endocrine Society and selected outside professionals, and (2) conference abstracts, which, whenever posted as being is essay-911.com legal supplement to Journal of this Endocrine Society, have already been reviewed by the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any relevant concerns to email@example.com.
Publication Costs and Start Access
To learn more about some great benefits of account into the Endocrine Society, please go to the known Member pros page associated with Endocrine Society’s internet site.
Web Web Web Page Charges
- Endocrine Society people: $99 per PDF web web web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society people: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of creating their article start Access by having to pay one more $3,000 for Open Access publication, which include A cc-by license, PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access in the log web web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If you distribute your manuscript to your Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer choice (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it’s also accepted for book, you’ll claim a single-use code entitling one to a $250 discount on the manuscript’s book charges, with the exception of the CC-BY Open Access choice, in case it is posted in 2019, or perhaps a 10% discount on your own manuscript’s book charges, like the CC-BY Open Access choice, when it is posted in 2020. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.